Thursday, August 19, 2010

HAVE A ROCKIN' SCHOOL YEAR


I bet you thought I was AWOL today, didn't you?  LOL  Nope, I'm here.  I've been working on some other projects today that are top secret right now.  hehehehehe

I'm really pleased with the way this card turned out.  It's for our daughter who started her Junior year of college today.  I know, I know, I should have mailed it to her already.  Oh well.  I'm sure her life is pretty crazy right now with school starting and being in her new apartment just a few days.  She'll appreciate it when she gets it next week.

Card base is Shimmering Pink from Value pack 
Ribbon from Michael's
Solid pink paper from Recollections
Background ABC paper from DCWV Nan's Kids.  It's embossed.  Love it!
Image from Google searching "free coloring pages"
Image colored with Crayola markers and crayons
Sentiment printed from computer @ 26 pt with "High Strung" font

This is my submission for the following challenges:
Janis

16 comments:

  1. OMG! Your card is so cute. Thanks for playing with us at StampitCrazy. Hugs, Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute image, and great colors...Thank you for playing along at StampitCrazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janis,

    Just wanted to say that I really like the card you made for your daughter. I have one going in the mail to my daughter tomorrow. I made one the triangle fold cards you demonstrated. You are so right, those are addictive and fun!

    Enjoying your blog (I don't have one yet, so I have yours bookmarked.)

    Mary R., Chattanooga, TN
    maryatrievleydotcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh!! This is just toooo toooo cute! She's gonna loooove it!!!!! Okay, no keeping secrets!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! How super fun and I think this image is just a blast!!
    Thank you for joining us as Stamp It Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow brilliant colours, thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project is outstanding! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best Anything Goes! Good luck and hope to see you again next time!

    KymKreates
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card. Thanks for joining us Aud Sentiments and don't forget to join is our new monthly drawing going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous project and great design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best! Hope you will join us again next week! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. That image just makes me smile. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a rockin' card! Thanks for joining us at DDSB & Paper Play Challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun card Janis! I'm sure your daughter loved it! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SUPER cute card, LOVE the colors. SO GLAD you joined us this week at STAMP IT CRAZY:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome colors and very cute card!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at SIC...

    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun school card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs
    Amber DT

    ReplyDelete