Monday, June 7, 2010

In Thy Face I see HONOR, TRUTH, & LOYALTY


Here is my submission for Paper Playtime's Challenge #2.
I made this card for my husband.  He loves Eagles.
(It's one of the 6 tattoos he has - and looks pretty much like this one - an eagle waiting to land).
And in my husband's face I see all those things:
HONOR, TRUTH, & LOYALTY.
The theme for Paper Playtime Challenge #2 is:
IN THY FACE I SEE 
HONOR, TRUTH, & LOYALTY

Card base Yellow (Tom's favorite color) from Value Pack pre-scored for easy folding!
Background dark blue paper cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
Background swirly blue mat cut @ 5" x 3 3/4"
Eagle cut @ 3 1/2" & 4 1/2" 
Pop dots used to stack Eagles.
Love & Kisses clear stamps from Heidi Grace
Blue & Yellow star brads from Recollections
Ribbon from Michael's

This was a simple card to make.
I think the meaning it holds goes way beyond any "beauty" is may have.

Come play with us at Paper Playtime!
It's FUN!
:)  Janis

7 comments:

  1. Great job Janis! You've just inspired me I totally just thought of something right this second! Thanks for the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is this to make a card with such meaning behind it! I'll bet your husband is truly touched when he gets it. You should enter this is the technique challenge on splitcoast stampers - it's perfect for that challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love love love it!!! Give me a day or two to think about mine and I'll get back with you. Our as she says 'almost 9' yr. old DGD is here to 'help' me for part of this week so I will be a little later getting mine in. We are creating together. Doing a mini album right now that we have to finish. Have an awesome week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo awesome. I love anything that reminds me of this great country that we live in !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card , love the Eagles !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice card you really did a great job, love the eagle, I hope I can get something done for this challenge, please check out my blog I am now a follower with you, here is my blog
    http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete