Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Library Books Waiting To Be Read

I went to the library today!  So much fun.

When I go to the library, I'm not looking for that perfect book to read next, I'm just looking for books that MAY be good to read next.  I always grab a bag full, and rarely do I ever read every book I bring home.

I'll read the synopsis on the back or inside front cover.  Look at the book's cover artwork, and if it looks fun or interesting, I always open it up to see what the pages are like.


I HATE deckle edged pages.  They just bother me.

If the print is small or the margins are small, I put it back.  I'm not going to to strain my aging eyes on small print. And I hate books that don't have a generous enough margin  on the spine side.  Nothing worse that having to practically fold a book backwards just to read the words toward the spine on a page.

I picked up a book today.  The cover was amusing.  The synopsis was interesting.  But when I opened it to see the pages and the print, it reeked of cigarette smoke.  Nope.  That one went right back on the shelf.  And if you smoke, I have no problem with that. I just don't want to have to smell it when I'm reading in bed, that's all.  :)

I was reading The Magicians, this week, but had to put it down.  I can handle some cuss words now and then.  I'm not so pure I can't read those words.  And I must say, sometimes when my husband says, "WTF?" (and you know he doesn't say the initials there), I just bust out laughing because it's always in a jesting manner, never a hateful or angry one.  But, The Magicians, took the Lord's name in vain, and I just can't read that.  I cringe when I happen to hear someone say it.  I'm certainly not going to choose to read those words.

I'm sure this post so far is just fascinating to you and that you'll sleep better tonight knowing so much about my library experiences.  LOL  Just letting you peek inside this little life of mine a bit today.  Another piece to the puzzle we call, JANIS.  hahahaha

So, here's what I grabbed today at the library.  Not sure how many will make "the cut" this week reading.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Gone 'Til November by Wallace Stroby

The Unbearable Lightness of Scones by Alexander McCall Smith


The Box by Richard Matheson


Blame by Michelle Huneven

Scary Stuff by Sharon Fiffer


The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes


The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down by Neta Jackson


Kingdom Come by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins


Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire

Two of these books are part of a series.  The YadaYada Prayer Group is book 2 of that series.  I've read book one and it was really good.  Kingdom Come is part of the Left Behind series, and I think this is the only one I haven't read yet.  I read all those other books so many years ago, I hope I don't have any trouble catching back up again with who all the characters are and such.

I hope everyone has a very fun Wednesday and a great day tomorrow!

Go read something,
Janis

1 comment: