Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hi, Friends!


Bonnie and I had lots of errands to run today in Columbia. Here she is at one of the places we went where they had this fountain that just barely had the energy to go up above the water line. But Bonnie thought it was neat-o.


Here is Tom's mom (my MIL) with our son, Jimmy. He hates getting his picture taken! :)
I'm going to miss him so much when we goes to Iraq in 3 weeks. I mean I already don't get to see him enough since he's stationed in California and I'm in South Carolina, but at least I know he's here... in America. I love his tattoos. He has a rose on one arm and my grandmother's favorite Bible verse on his right arm. You can barely see it here in this picture, but it says, "Be still and know that I am God." He's such a nice young man!


I know this picture is blurry. This is Bonnie in the truck after we dropped of Jimmy at the airport Sunday. She has "Ann" sitting on her shoulder. This is a beautiful doll that her Granny got her. Her granny took a tour of the western part of the US and Canada these past 2 weeks. She brought Bonnie back an Ann of Green Gables doll. Sweet.

No crafts to upload today. I went to Mama and Daddy's before my Weight Watcher's meeting this morning and took my Cricut. They had never seen one, so that was a lot of fun. Mama and I made some adorable envelopes and some of the mini albums from one 12x12 piece of paper. I love making those! But I didn't snap any photos of our goodies before we packed up and headed home.

Thank you all so much for all the comments you leave me. I try to visit all your blogs too and share some love. I have enjoyed so much meeting you guys and becoming friends with you. You know, everybody has a story to tell, and I want to hear them all. I just love people! I love hearing about your lives.

I met a women today in a State Office I had an errand at today, and she had a bunch of "Get Well" cards taped to the wall beside her desk. I said, "Oh, have you been sick? You look good now. I hope you are feeling better." Can you believe she told me she had breast cancer? She just finished her last chemo treatment last month and was back at work. Her radiation treatments start next month. She said she could just feel people praying for her and how good God is. She shared so much with me and even though Breast Cancer sounds so scary, we had such a joyful talk. I felt so refreshed when I left. What a wonderful woman!

And of course, I got to see Ruth today at Weight Watchers. She is the sweetest lady. She always enjoys Bonnie and asked where she was today. I told her she stayed at Mama and Daddy's today, and she said to tell her she missed her. I mean, how sweet is that? Then she was telling me about her Bible Study she had just left. I'm telling you, I just love people.

So.... all that to say, thank you so much for commenting. And thanks to those of you I've met through this blog and now shoot emails back and forth with. You guys are all so special to me, and I am so thankful for you all! Feel free to email me anytime if you just need to talk or need prayer. It's a delight to be your friend. Northrose@slowar.com

Hugs,
Janis

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures and inspiring stories - thanks so much for sharing.
    And thank you for raising such a brave, patriotic son. I will keep him in my prayers. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete