Monday, June 22, 2009

Walk In My Garden Flower Pot Card


Inspired by "Thoughts of a Cardmaking Scrapbooker" on her post today, I created this card. Click here to go to her blog.

The flower pot and flowers were cut from Cricut Cartridge Walk In My Garden. The leaves and grass was cut from Cricut Cartridge Home Accents.

The flower pot paper was from my favorite stack, My Mind's Eye Everyday Tango.

The flowers were cut from pages in an old book. Our local library puts out free books (shelves and shelves of them) almost every week. They are usually very old, but not always. I chose some political books I knew I'd never read, and had no problem tearing the pages out and putting it in my Cricut Expression. :)



The grass and leaves were cut from paper in my scrap bin.

The buttons are very old and I don't have the container they came in anymore. Sorry I don't know the name of those. I used twine to "sew" the "x" in the buttons, and a glue dot to keep the twine flush with the button on the reverse side.

The little yellow butterfly is Mrs. Grossman's stickers.

I sponged the edges of everything with Stampin' Up! Close to Cocoa ink. I took Michele's advise and bent the blades of grass and flower petals a little to give them dimension.

I love the Cricut Walk In My Garden Cartridge!!!!

As always, I enjoy all your comments. Don't forget to leave a link to your blog. Click on the "Follow" button to stay up to date with what's going on here at "Pause Dream Enjoy" blogspot.

Have a GREAT day.... don't forget to laugh out loud! It does a body good. :)

4 comments:

  1. Janis, I love, love, love it! How sweet, and the little yellow butterfly just makes it that much sweeter! You did a great job!
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! I'm in love with your Paper Pups cartridge... I think that may have to be my next purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Janis!!! I have not been very crafty lately, to much going on... Heck I haven't even taken my cuttlebug out of the box yet.
    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Janis, so bright and cheerful and I love your fabulous flowerpot. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete