Monday, May 16, 2011

New, Bright Crocheted Baby Blanket with Pom Pom Edging


Here's a new baby blanket I made yesterday with very bright colors.
I love the way it turned out!


I found this PomPom yarn - first time I've seen anything like this. I crocheted this all around the edges. So soft and pretty!

Once again, I used the same pattern from this cool crochet book I got at Joann's.  I just made the blanket a little smaller for a BABY size.


Hmmmm.... wonder what I'll crochet today?  Make a bookmark?


I'll be adding this post to Alex's MADE IT MYSELF MONDAYS.  It's a new linking party that starts TODAY!  Go check it out!!

Smiles!
:) Janis

7 comments:

  1. I love the pom pom edging and all the bright colors, it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to add the pom-poms as an edging!! I am here visiting from Made It Myself Mondays. Glad I stopped by.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janis! I have never used this pom-pom yarn before; but have heard of it, and I love the way your baby blanket came out using it! Very pretty, and love those colors! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! love the pom pom yarn...never saw that either!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Love the pom pom yarn.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much of the pom pom yarn did you use for the edging? I have 2 balls of Christmas colored pom poms and am wondering how big of a blanket I can use it on.

    ReplyDelete