Thursday, July 30, 2009

Long Lazy Days



Good morning! I told you I just love these Paperbag Greetings!

I made another one this morning to mail to my Mama. I ripped the paper edges instead of using my Provo Craft paper trimmer.



The turtle was made with Cricut Cartridge Walk in My Garden. I added a fun googly eye to him. He's so cute. The orange and pink tabs were made with Cricut Cartridge Plantin Schoolbook.

The screen is a left over scrap from when we screened in our front porch.

I added a ribbon for the insert to pull out the message. Ribbon from Michael's.

Paper from DCWV The Stack 6... I love this pink, brown, and white paper. So soft and pretty.

The bracket was cut with my Cricut also... can't remember which cartridge... sorry. It was in my scrap drawer along with all the other Cricut elements I used today.

The sticker says, "long lazy days". It's from my 3-ring binder where I store all my sticker sheets either in page protectors or negative sleeves. I bought a seasonal pack of stickers from Wal-Mart probably last year and I'm still using them. This sentiment was from the summer page of stickers.

And of course the card base is a brown paper lunch bag with the top cut off enough so that it will fit into a regular card envelope.

I challenge you guys to make a paperbag greeting. Leave a link in the comment section so we
can come check it out!

The pic below shows the back.


In Other News....

Bonnie and I walked 1.51 miles this morning. She's doing so good with cooperating! I'm tracking all my food and drinks for Weight Watchers. I've been a good girl! I'm so happy that Weight Watchers gives me the freedom to make whatever food choices I choose. I only have to commit to stay within my points range. And it's so easy! I love their system.

When I go shopping (which I hate to do), I'll look at an item and the price and say, "Do I want this $10 worth?" Now with Weight Watchers, I look in my food cabinet and say, "Do I want this 4 points worth or would I rather have this for 4 points?" The cool thing is, smarter food choices cost less points. So if you choose wisely, you can still eat your 4 points, but eat a lot more with a wiser, healthier food choice. I love it.

Anyone else following Weight Watchers? I'd love to hear your stories.

If you have a prayer request, please leave me a comment and let me know how to pray for you.

Hugs to everyone this fine Thursday,
Janis

3 comments:

  1. brilliant! Love the ripped and torn look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and creative Janis! Glad you're enjoying WW. I'm thinking of going again. I mentioned it to Wayne, and he said go for it, and I might.
    Have a good day!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janis

    I love your creation - especially the "ripped look".

    Sometimes cards can look to uniform.

    I bet Mama will love it too!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete